sábado, 2 de dezembro de 2023

"I remember when I was a little girlOur house caught on fireI'll never forget the look on my father's face as heGathered me up in his arms andFaced through the burning building out on the pavement
And I stood thereShivering in my pajamas andWAtched the whole world go up in flamesAnd when it was all overI said to myselfIs that all there is to a fire?
Is that all there isIs that all there is?If that's all there is my friendsThen let's keep dancingLet's break out the booze and have a ballIf that's all there is
And when I was twelve years oldMy daddy took me to the circusThe greatest show on EarthThere were clowns and elephants, dancing bearsAnd a beautiful lady in pinkTights flew high above our heads
And as I sat there watchingI had the feeling that something was missingI don't know what, butWhen it was overI said to myselfIs that all there is to the circus?
Is that all there isIs that all there is?If that's all there is my friendsThen let's keep dancingLet's break out the booze and have a ballIf that's all there is
And then I fell in loveWith the most wonderful boy in the worldWe'd take long walks by the river orJust sit for hours gazing into each other's eyesWe were so very much in love
Then one dayHe went awayAnd I thought I'd die, but I didn'tAnd when I didn'tI said to myselfIs that all there is to love?
Is that all there isIs that all there is?If that's all there is, my friendsThen let's keep
I know what you must be saying to yourselvesIf that's the way she feels about itWhy doesn't she just end it all?Oh, no, not meI'm not ready for that final disappointment
Because I knowJust as well as I'm standing here talking to youThat when that final moment comesAnd I'm breathing my last breatI'll be saying to myself
Is that all there isIs that all there is?If that's all there is my friendThen let's keep dancingLet's break out the booze and have a ballIf that's all there is"

"Como se a Terra corresse Inteirinha atrás de mim O medo ronda-me os sentidos Por abaixo da minha pele Ao esgueirar-se viscoso Escorre ...